With an increasing interest in alternate memories related to music, I’m creating this post to focus those comments in one location.
These threads relate to:
- Music recordings (audio and video) that people recall, but never seemed to exist in this reality.
- Music recordings people are certain they heard — and the recordings were popular — years before they seemed to appear in this reality.
- Radical lyric or instrumental changes, not from parodies or covers. Note: Effective 4 Dec 2015, comments about lyric changes must include links to credible lyrics (or bands’) sites, or they cannot be approved.
- Sound tracks from movies, but not in commercials. (The latter belong in threads focusing on the product advertised.)
- Musicians associated with particular songs that they never recorded in this reality. (However, to me, the Cat Stevens/Harry Chapin issue looks like a blur due to misleading YouTube videos, and two recordings with similar names. So, let’s avoid that kind of topic.)
- Musicians who died in the past, in an alternate reality, but are alive in this one… and vice versa.
Due to frequent errors by gossip-type columnists and viral (but erroneous) rumors, please fact-check before commenting here. Remember that some live recordings can be different from studio recordings, and versions issued in one country can vary from what’s released elsewhere. So, check all versions you might have heard.
Also, be sure to include the full context of your alternate memories: when, where, witnesses, and why you’re certain it’s a valid, alternate memory. (Without that information, I cannot approve music-related comments. Effective 4 Dec 2015, I’m going to be firm about that policy, as unsupported claims and argumentative comments have spiked to a ridiculous level.)